There are 125 public school districts in Southwestern Pennsylvania and residents in three of them earn median household incomes topping $100,000. Statewide, there were 23 such districts, according to the most recent available U.S. Census Bureau data.
The regional districts with earners making $100,000-plus also had the three lowest rates of residents lacking health insurance, all less than 2 percent by that measure.
Read the Pittsburgh Business Times for a look at the 30 wealthiest school districts in the region, based on median household income.
- Utah kid advertises 'ICE COLD BEER'
- ‘He was a model officer': Off-duty officer shot while visiting friends has died
- Police: Barefoot man walks into local gym and makes threats before pulling out knife
- VIDEO: Brothers, ages 1 and 3, drown in Fayette County
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Pittsburgh Business Times