NEW TRIPOLI, Pa. - Thousands of hogs have died in a fire that destroyed two barns on a Pennsylvania farm.
Firefighters were called to the farm in Lynn Township, outside Allentown, before 6 a.m. Saturday.
Lynnport Community Fire Company Chief Clark Matz says the barns were engulfed when firefighters got there. He tells The (Allentown) Morning Call "there was nothing left to save."
Crews drew water from a nearby pond to fight the fire.
Matz says as many as 4,000 hogs were killed.
- 3 dead, 4 hospitalized in medical situation at South Side apartment building
- Boil water advisory lifted for South Hills after pipe break
- Protesters demand gas stations shut down after violent fight goes viral
- VIDEO: Road shut down as students in Pittsburgh leave school for climate strike
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.