A man who broke into a Charleroi home armed with a knife Friday morning and injured two people wore a mask that drew more scrutiny than usual, police said.
The home invader wore a Spiderman mask, police said, although his actions in the Oakland Avenue home were anything but heroic.
“It’s crazy,” said neighbor Alan Wheatley. “I guess around Halloween time … could come up with something better.”
- Popular nerve drug becoming next street drug of choice
- Father of alleged synagogue gunman charged with rape in 1970s
- Pittsburgh police respond to report of suspicious package at Jewish food bank
- VIDEO: Ruptured water line floods Waterfront businesses; liquor store likely closed for weeks
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The home invasion occurred just before 9 a.m., and the man’s motive is still unclear.
“It’s unbelievable to hear that,” Wheatley said. “It’s been a pretty quiet neighborhood since I lived here.”
Authorities have not specified the injuries suffered by the victims or their conditions.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.