NEW CASTLE, Pa. - Police are investigating a suspicious fire in New Caste late Tuesday night.
Investigators tell Channel 11 flames broke out at a vacant home in the 400 block of Lyndal Street.
When firefighters arrived, they found flames shooting from the home. Fire crews worked quickly to keep the flames from damaging a church next door.
Firefighters had to use a chainsaw to cut a hole in the roof to get to the flames in the attic.
It took crews an hour to get the fire under control. Investigator said the fire appears to be suspicious because the fire spread so quickly and there were no utilities connected in the home.
The city fire marshal is still investigating the cause.
- Woman charged in deadly crash on 10th Street Bypass
- Burst of snow could impact travel Wednesday
- Local woman goes missing while vacationing in Mexico
- VIDEO: Honda Issues Minivan Recall Due to Door Malfunction
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.