PITTSBURGH — The ice rink at PPG Place in downtown Pittsburgh opened Friday, but don’t expect to see the normal crowds.
As with everything this year, things will look and feel a bit different because of COVID-19.
The rink, now in its 20th year, will operate under COVID-19 safety protocols, which include:
- Admission is limited to local guidelines for outdoor gatherings.
- Capacity will be monitored and online ticket purchases will determine exactly how many people can be there at a time.
- Skaters must maintain 6 feet of distance while waiting in line.
- Masks must be worn.
- Temperature checks will be performed.
- Sanitizing and cleaning will be happening constantly.
While this year has brought new challenges, officials said they’re excited to spread some cheer during a difficult time.
The rink will be open through Feb. 28.
CLICK HERE for the ice rink’s hours and prices.
© 2020 Cox Media Group