BALDWIN, Pa. - A roadway issue has prompted a single-lane closure and the installation of temporary traffic signals on East Carson Street (Route 837) in Baldwin, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
East Carson Street is reduced to a single lane between the Glenwood Bridge and Becks Run Road, where there is a dip in the roadway.
Temporary traffic signals will control the alternating traffic while the restriction is in place.
PennDOT crews determined a failure of the subbase, the material under the road, is causing the roadway to sink.
Full repairs are expected to begin Friday, a PennDOT spokesperson said. Crews will work through the weekend and into Monday afternoon, when they hope to have repairs completed.
The spokesperson said the decision to close one lane of the two-lane road was made for the safety of drivers. PennDOT did not want to risk drivers getting hurt or accidents occurring.
- Police release names of 32 arrested in Mon Valley drug sweep
- Manhunt underway for man accused of breaking into home, threatening to kill woman
- Infant ibuprofen sold at Walmart, CVS, Family Dollar recalled
- VIDEO: OSU Installs Bacon Vending Machine
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.