GREENSBURG, Pa. - The son of a Westmoreland County judge is facing charges in four separate felony drug cases brought by the state attorney general’s office.
Stephen Yakopec is seeking treatment and living with his parents, including his mom, District Judge Cheryl Peck Yakopec, his attorney said.
Because of that relationship, as well as the fact that his uncle is the county district attorney, all the county magistrates have recused themselves from Yakopec’s cases.
SEE THE FULL STORY BELOW:
- Dad accused of starving infant daughter told 911 dispatcher baby was ‘dead as a doornail'
- Health department reveals new details on suspected cases of mysterious illness
- Police: Man struck, killed by tractor-trailer on I-79 walked into traffic on purpose
- VIDEO: Aerial Footage Of Hurricane Michael Damage
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.