A 15-year-old is in critical condition after being shot in McKeesport on Thursday night.
Police said dispatchers were notified of a shooting around 7 p.m. in the area of Dinsmore and Pirl streets.
When first responders arrived on scene, they said they found the boy with several gunshot several wounds.
The victim was transported to a local trauma center.
Police said the boy was part of a group of teens in the area of 1300 Hamilton St. when an unknown person began shooting.
The motive remains unknown and police said they have not identified a suspect.
Anyone with information concerning the incident is asked to call the Allegheny County Police Tipline at 1-833-ALL-TIPS (1-833-255-8477); callers can remain anonymous.
- Car plows into gas pump after coming off Rankin Bridge
- Notre Dame Cathedral fire: Officials determine likely cause of blaze
- 'Big decisions will have to be made' Pens GM says
- VIDEO: Skeleton of baby T. rex dinosaur for sale on eBay for $2.95 million; scientists are furious
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.