PITTSBURGH - Kennywood park officials went before a state safety board to get formal approval for their new roller coaster, The Steel Curtain, as they sought
The ride opened in July and had been running with conditional approval until the quarterly Amusement Ride Safety Advisory Board meeting on Aug. 20, in which it was granted formal approval.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to breaking news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
During the hearing, questions arose about why the road was closed for maintenance several times in the month since it opened.
Sources tell Channel 11 all involved agreed that the reasons were minor and out of an abundance of caution.
A Kennywood spokesperson told Channel 11 that adjustments have been made and everything is going well with the ride.
- State asks Kennywood why they keep closing The Steel Curtain
- Dick's Sporting Goods testing if it should stop selling guns, report says
- Reality star Todd Chrisley's daughter says father, brother blackmailing her with sex tape
- VIDEO: Neighbors say they're being overrun by rats
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.