Pennsylvania Democrats chose Homewood to hear testimony regarding a bill that would ban assault weapons statewide.
Rep. Ed Gainey (D-East Liberty) hosted the public hearing, which included testimony from experts, gun violence victims and medical professionals.
The hearing surrounded House Bill 307, which would ban assault weapons in Pennsylvania.
Gainey first introduced it three years ago, but he believes it could gain traction in Harrisburg after recent mass shootings.
What the next step forward for legislators is and one woman’s fight after seeing two of her grandchildren shot just days apart -- in the video above!
- New fast-food restaurant creating lunch hour traffic headaches in Penn Hills
- Jason Momoa films new Netflix thriller in Pittsburgh
- Why you shouldn't rake your leaves this autumn
- VIDEO: Mother left newborn, 9-year-old inside car with keys in ignition on busy road
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.