PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Bureau of Police said officers were flagged down Tuesday evening because of a large turtle in the road.
Police said the reptile was in the intersection of Butler and 47th streets in Lawrenceville.
Officers said they called Animal Care & Control who took the turtle to a local shelter.
No turtles, citizens or police were injured.
- Another American tourist died in Dominican Republic after drink from hotel minibar, family says
- Flames engulf tractor-trailer, fuel pumps at turnpike service plaza
- Funeral home to hold burial for veteran with no family, would like volunteers to attend service
- VIDEO: Search underway for person who shot dog then dumped him under bridge
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.