LANCASTER TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A popular smartphone app may have played a role in a deadly crash last summer in Butler County.
Police in Lancaster Township said 24-year-old Nicholas Abbott was Instagramming and driving along Route 19 when he rammed into motorcyclist LeRoy Hill. Police said Hill was killed.
Police said Hill was stopped on Route 19 to make a left turn and Abbott never saw him and never braked because he was on his phone.
Police said they tracked Abbott in the minutes prior to the crash, discovering he was on Instagram looking at pictures and videos.
Police tell Channel 11 screen time and drive do not mix.
- HAVE YOU SEEN HER? Police searching for owner of car involved in deadly Penn Hills hit-and-run
- Kennywood makes Potato Patch cheese change amid social media outrage
- The Pittsburgh region's highest-paid execs
- VIDEO: 1 killed when car flips on ramp to Fort Duquesne Bridge
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.