Skiers and snowboarders: Get your gear ready -- snowmaking is underway at Seven Springs and Hidden Valley resorts!
The arrival of cold temperatures allowed for the snowmaking systems at the resorts to be turned on, according to a news release. They will run continuously for as long as conditions allow.
Officials said an improvement project to the snowmaking system at Seven Springs replaced nearly 5,000 feet of aging 20-inch piping.
“This major project greatly improves consistency in water pressure and overall snow quality across a vast swath of the resort’s skiable acreage,” the news release said.
More snowmaking stations have also been added at Seven Springs.
The opening day for Seven Springs and Hidden Valley has not been announced.
- 1 dead, several injured in chemical incident at Buffalo Wild Wings in Massachusetts
- Roaches, more than a dozen other health violations found at popular Pittsburgh restaurant
- Part of busy North Hills road closed after water main break
- RAW VIDEO: Snow covering roads in Cranberry Township
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.