LIGONIER, Pa. - Several cars have been reported stolen in the Ligonier Valley after juveniles escaped from a court-appointed facility, authorities said.
"It's scary because it was right close to us. Our neighbors and my children now don't want to stay home," Tabitha Hutzell said.
Hutzell lives in Fairfeld Township, right next to where a car was stolen on Route 711.
Police said they have dealt with three separate incidents where young people have escaped the facility.
“We believe that they’re the escapees. We’re still investigating but we go back to the history and we have dealt with stolen cars from the escapees in similar situations," Assistant Ligonier police Chief Mike Matrunics said.
- FBI looking for three of 33 people federally indicted on drug charges
- ‘What the heck?' Creepy creature shows up on security cam, leaves homeowner dumbfounded
- College student uses Snapchat's gender swap feature to catch cop accused of seeking underage hookup
- VIDEO: Triple shooting during graduation party at Airbnb leaves 1 dead
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.