Over two dozen schools have already announced plans to send students home early Wednesday due to high heat and humidity.
RELATED: Cooling centers, spray parks open in Pittsburgh to help combat heat
We're continuing to update our list of schools as they come in to our newsroom:
- Academy Charter School: 2 hour early dismissal
- Armstrong School District: Students at Dayton Elementary will be dismissed early
- Baden Academy Charter School: Closed
- Bethel Park High School: 2 hour early dismissal at 12:28 p.m.
- Bethlehem-Center School District: 2 hour early dismissal
- Bishop Canevin High School: 2 hour early dismissal
- Butler Area School District: 2 hour early dismissal
- Central Greene School District: 1 p.m. dismissal
- Chestnut Ridge Christian Academy: 11:30 a.m. dismissal
- Clairton City School District: Closed
- Conn-Area Catholic School: 11:30 a.m. dismissal Tuesday and Wednesday.
Council of Three Rivers-Hazelwood: 2 hour early dismissal
Council of Three Rivers-Rochelle: 2 hour early dismissal
- East Allegheny School District: Students in grade 7-12 will be dismissed at 11:40 a.m.
- Elizabeth Forward School District: Early dismissal
- Environmental Charter School at Frick Park: Closed Tuesday
- Fort Cherry School District: Early dismissals Tuesday and Wednesday; High school dismissed at 12 p.m. and elementary dismissed at 12:45 p.m.
- Greensburg-Salem School District: secondary schools at noon and elementary schools at 1:15 p.m.
- Kentucky Avenue School: 2 hour early dismissal
- Kiski Area School District: 2 hour early dismissal
- Laurel Highland School District: elementary schools between 12:45 and 1 p.m., middle schools at noon and high schools between 1:45-2 p.m.
- Leechburg Area School District: 2 hour early dismissal.
- McKeesport Area School District: High school will be dismissing at 11:30 a.m.
- Mt. Pleasant Area School District: Ramsay, Rumbaugh, Donegal and Norvelt on Sept. 4, 5 and 6
- Penn Hills School District: Early dismissal announced for Linton Middle School students only at 1 p.m.
- Penn-Trafford School District: Middle schools will be released at 12:30 p.m. and elementary schools will be released at 1:30 p.m.
- Pittsburgh Public Schools: 2-hour early release schedule for Tuesday. 2-hour release schedule for Wednesday as well.
- Propel Hazelwood: 2 hour early dismissal
- Propel Northside: 1:30 p.m. dismissal
- Provident Charter School: 2 hour early dismissal
- Riverside Beaver County School District: Operating on a 2 hour early release schedule.
- Sacred Heart Elementary – Pittsburgh: Early Dismissal
- Sto-Rox School District: 2 hour early release for Jr.-Sr. high school.
- Shaler Area School District: High school at 11:54 a.m., middle school at 12:15 p.m., elementary school 12:30 p.m. and primary schools 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Sr. Thea Bowman Catholic Academy: 12:30 p.m. dismissal
- St. Benedict The Moor School: 1 p.m. dismissal
- St. Joseph School – Verona: 12:30 p.m. dismissal
- Sr. Thea Bowman Catholic Academy: Early dismissal at 12:45 p.m.
- St. Sylvester School: 2 hour early dismissal
- St. Wendelin School: 2 hour early dismissal
- Union Area School District: Middle school and high school students will be dismissed at 11 a.m. and elementary students will be dismissed at 11:45 a.m.
- Universal Academy of Pittsburgh: 1:20 p.m. dismissal
- Westinghouse Arts Academy: 12:15 p.m. dismissal
- Pittsburgh Steelers Le'Veon Bell a no show at practice
- 'Wasping' is new, dangerous method of getting high
- Allegheny County Jail on lockdown after employees sickened by unknown substance
- VIDEO: Former Vice President Joe Biden marches in Pittsburgh's Labor Day parade
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Cox Media Group