Over two dozen schools have already announced plans to send students home early Wednesday due to high heat and humidity.
We're continuing to update our list of schools as they come in to our newsroom:
- Academy Charter School: 2 hour early dismissal
- Armstrong School District: Students at Dayton Elementary will be dismissed early
- Baden Academy Charter School: Closed
- Bethel Park High School: 2 hour early dismissal at 12:28 p.m.
- Bethlehem-Center School District: 2 hour early dismissal
- Bishop Canevin High School: 2 hour early dismissal
- Butler Area School District: 2 hour early dismissal
- Central Greene School District: 1 p.m. dismissal
- Chestnut Ridge Christian Academy: 11:30 a.m. dismissal
- Clairton City School District: Closed
- Conn-Area Catholic School: 11:30 a.m. dismissal Tuesday and Wednesday.
Council of Three Rivers-Hazelwood: 2 hour early dismissal
Council of Three Rivers-Rochelle: 2 hour early dismissal
- East Allegheny School District: Students in grade 7-12 will be dismissed at 11:40 a.m.
- Elizabeth Forward School District: Early dismissal
- Environmental Charter School at Frick Park: Closed Tuesday
- Fort Cherry School District: Early dismissals Tuesday and Wednesday; High school dismissed at 12 p.m. and elementary dismissed at 12:45 p.m.
- Greensburg-Salem School District: secondary schools at noon and elementary schools at 1:15 p.m.
- Kentucky Avenue School: 2 hour early dismissal
- Kiski Area School District: 2 hour early dismissal
- Laurel Highland School District: elementary schools between 12:45 and 1 p.m., middle schools at noon and high schools between 1:45-2 p.m.
- Leechburg Area School District: 2 hour early dismissal.
- McKeesport Area School District: High school will be dismissing at 11:30 a.m.
- Mt. Pleasant Area School District: Ramsay, Rumbaugh, Donegal and Norvelt on Sept. 4, 5 and 6
- Penn Hills School District: Early dismissal announced for Linton Middle School students only at 1 p.m.
- Penn-Trafford School District: Middle schools will be released at 12:30 p.m. and elementary schools will be released at 1:30 p.m.
- Pittsburgh Public Schools: 2-hour early release schedule for Tuesday. 2-hour release schedule for Wednesday as well.
- Propel Hazelwood: 2 hour early dismissal
- Propel Northside: 1:30 p.m. dismissal
- Provident Charter School: 2 hour early dismissal
- Riverside Beaver County School District: Operating on a 2 hour early release schedule.
- Sacred Heart Elementary – Pittsburgh: Early Dismissal
- Sto-Rox School District: 2 hour early release for Jr.-Sr. high school.
- Shaler Area School District: High school at 11:54 a.m., middle school at 12:15 p.m., elementary school 12:30 p.m. and primary schools 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Sr. Thea Bowman Catholic Academy: 12:30 p.m. dismissal
- St. Benedict The Moor School: 1 p.m. dismissal
- St. Joseph School – Verona: 12:30 p.m. dismissal
- Sr. Thea Bowman Catholic Academy: Early dismissal at 12:45 p.m.
- St. Sylvester School: 2 hour early dismissal
- St. Wendelin School: 2 hour early dismissal
- Union Area School District: Middle school and high school students will be dismissed at 11 a.m. and elementary students will be dismissed at 11:45 a.m.
- Universal Academy of Pittsburgh: 1:20 p.m. dismissal
- Westinghouse Arts Academy: 12:15 p.m. dismissal
- Pittsburgh Steelers Le'Veon Bell a no show at practice
- 'Wasping' is new, dangerous method of getting high
- Allegheny County Jail on lockdown after employees sickened by unknown substance
- VIDEO: Former Vice President Joe Biden marches in Pittsburgh's Labor Day parade
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2020 Cox Media Group