A local couple is suing Nemacolin.
It all started online while they were searching for the perfect wedding reception venue.
They claim the resort lied when it advertised itself as a top-rated luxury resort.
The couple paid a $30,000 deposit to have their wedding reception at the Fayette County resort last month, according to the lawsuit.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Fayette County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
They did that based on pictures on the resort's website.
But the lawsuit says they canceled after their visit did not line up with the images they saw. They said they tried to get their deposit back but never got it.
According to the lawsuit, Nemacolin allegedly threatened to file a counterclaim.
Nemacolin has released a statement saying their website clearly conveys an accurate picture of the resort.
- Parents angered by NJ school district's 'lunch shaming' plan
- Local couple suing Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
- Toddler killed when display at mall store falls, hits her in head, police say
- VIDEO: Well-known Pittsburgher, doctors stressing HPV vaccine for kids
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.