Local teen says popular face mask burned her, and she’s not alone

Local teen says popular face mask burned her, and she’s not alone

ALLEGHENY COUNTY, Pa. — A local mother said her teen daughter used the same face mask that caused skin irritation on a 9-year-old Virginia girl.

And after using it, 17-year-old Paige Sinclair’s mother said her face was red and burning for more than an hour.

You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts for Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.

Content Continues Below

This is just the latest of several of these similar stories across the country. It also happened to Nelle David, of Virginia.

“After four minutes, I started feeling like stinging, so I just pulled it off and I’m just like, ‘Ow, my face really hurts and it’s really red,’” David said.

David’s face was burning and turning red everywhere the Unicorn face mask touched.

David’s mother later discovered the ‘Yes To’ Vitamin C Glow-Boosting Unicorn paper mask had multiple bad reviews outline.

Channel 11 News reached out to ‘Yes To,’ and the company responded with a statement, which read, in part:

“We apologize to anyone who was affected in this way … While our products are all independently tested for safety, irritation and allergy … We have decided to pull this particular product off of the shelves while we investigate the complaints that we have received and seen online.”

The company offered David a $10 gift card to use at the retailer where she purchased the mask.