NORTH FAYETTE TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A major road between Allegheny and Washington counties is shut down, and crews don't know when it will reopen.
Noblestown Road in North Fayette Township normally sees a healthy amount of traffic. But now, a problem with this small bridge over Robinson Run means this section is closed and all traffic will have to be detoured.
PennDOT said there’s an issue with the abutments on the bridge - the substructure at the ends of the bridge span - where it rests.
Detours have been set up using Route 980 and North Branch Road.
That's an inconvenience for some drivers headed between Oakdale and McDonald.
- Teacher's aide arrested after gun found inside Pittsburgh high school
- Teen couldn't bring boyfriend to prom, takes him to Pirates game instead
- Man, 69, shot to death while delivering newspapers
- VIDEO: Woman's last wish is for her dog to be euthanized, buried with her
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.