HEMPFIELD TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A Hempfield man is accused of causing thousands of dollars in damage by driving his ATV through a cemetery.
Investigators told Channel 11 that James Vallozzi drove his ATV through Westmoreland County Memorial Park last month while people were there mourning loved ones.
According to court documents, cemetery officials said Vallozzi had driven his ATV through the cemetery before, so they set up trail cameras in an attempt to catch him.
- Pittsburgh Pirate, humanitarian Roberto Clemente celebrated with Google Doodle
- School bus crashes into swimming pool
- Man dies after falling 2 stories on set of Mister Rogers movie
- VIDEO: Cardinal Donald Wuerl's career timeline
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
After seeing ruts in the ground at the cemetery, officials pulled the camera cards and captured Vallozzi on video, according to court documents.
Vallozzi did about $7,700 worth of damage to the cemetery.
He’s facing several charges, including vandalism, criminal mischief and trespassing.
Vallozzi is due in court later this month.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.