PITTSBURGH - A man who spent more than 20 years in prison for murder was released Tuesday after he was acquitted in a retrial.
Scott Godesky was in prison for the 1996 murder of a man in Carrick. A jury acquitted him Monday in the retrial.
On Tuesday, a judge ordered Godesky to be set free. The judge said there was no reason to keep him incarcerated, despite a representative from the state parole board trying to argue that he had a parole violation from a previous action.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to breaking news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
- Reality star Todd Chrisley's daughter says father, brother blackmailing her with sex tape
- Mother: 6-year-old son did not start apartment building fire; police disagree
- Neighbors say they're being overrun by rats
- VIDEO: Fewer parents in our area are vaccinating their children, data says
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.