JACKSON TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A man was arrested after a search on the ground and in the air followed a shooting and running from police.
According to court documents, police were called about a possible drunk driver heading towards Zelienople from Beaver County. The driver, a man, was believed to be suicidal and armed with a handgun. He was involved in a prior shooting in Rochester in Beaver County.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive Butler County news alerts. CLICK HERE to find out how.
The car was being tracked using the onboard GPS and dispatchers relayed to police that it had stopped at a Speedway gas station on Lindsay Road in Jackson Township.
When police got there, the man ran from the convenience store and into the woods nearby. A K-9 was brought in to track him on the ground while a state police helicopter was called in to use thermal and night vision technology from the air.
The man was found after a short time and arrested. He is charged with felonious aggravated assault among other charges.
Police have not yet released his identity.
- First grader diagnosed with whooping cough in local school district, officials warn
- Local woman's tragic story an example of alarming trend that's concerning doctors, expectant mothers
- Whopper of a mistake: Discount gaffe costs Burger King's top franchisee more than $12M
- VIDEO: Local couple gets married in hospital ICU after man's sudden heart issues
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.