PITTSBURGH - A man police said robbed at least six Z-Trip drivers at gunpoint in the area of Pittsburgh's Sheraden neighborhood was arrested Monday.
Tyler Aycox-Neal, 19, is charged in the robberies that have happened over the last couple weeks.
According to police, Aycox-Neal would preorder rides, wear all black and then show a gun or point it at the drivers. He was able to steal a couple hundred dollars.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Pittsburgh police started tracking Aycox-Neal after they received repeated reports of robberies. They determined he used his mother's credit card for some of the incidents.
Three of the robberies happened within about 200 feet of his mother's house, where he lives, on Glen Mawr Street, police said. When police searched his bedroom, they said they found two of the drivers' wallets.
Aycox-Neal was caught while allegedly preparing to rob another driver, investigators said.
- Pa. youth football coach facing possible fine after blowout win
- Police investigating after female students asked to send explicit photos for money, district says
- Marine veteran says he was kicked out of local Applebee's
- VIDEO: Local school bus driver arrested on suspicion of DUI, according to school officials
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.