WASHINGTON, Pa. - A man assaulted four state troopers and even broke one of their hands, according to investigators.
David White was sitting in his car early Monday morning in the parking lot of Saint Hilary Church in Washington, according to police.
They knocked on the car window and said they saw marijuana, as well as items that were reported stolen from nearby convenience stores.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Washington County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
- 19-year-old killed when tractor-trailer overturns onto his car on Steubenville Pike
- High School senior hopes to marry the love of his life while fighting rare cancer
- 16-year-old boy sought after girl shot in face at apartment
- VIDEO: Woman's ex-boyfriend accused of hiding in attic for 3 weeks
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
When officers tried to question and then arrest White, they said he began a violent struggle until they finally had to use a Taser on him.
Three of the troopers had to go to the hospital for treatment.
"I saw from my window a guy struggling with them and he didn’t look like he was willing to do anything they wanted him to do and finally they got him down on the ground," said Marion Molchen, a witness.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.