PITTSBURGH - A man was rushed to the hospital after being assaulted on the North Side.
Police said the incident happened around 1 p.m. Tuesday in the 100 block of Eloise Street.
Officers found the male victim – who was not identified – with "multiple wounds to the head." He was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
Investigators said a suspect ran from the scene before being taken into custody near Merchant Street and Martindale Street.
That suspect -- identified as Lasalle Bradford, 49 -- was charged with one count of aggravated assault.
It is unclear what was used in the assault, but Channel 11 crews observed authorities place a large brick into an evidence container at the scene.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Pa. youth football coach facing possible fine after blowout win
- First snow of season: It's coming this week to parts of area
- Marine veteran says he was kicked out of local Applebee's
- VIDEO: Local school bus driver arrested on suspicion of DUI, according to school officials
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.