ALIQUIPPA, Pa. — Police say a man will not face charges for the time being after he beat a man to death after being stabbed early Tuesday morning during an argument that escalated in Aliquippa.
According to investigators, one man stabbed the other during an argument around 6 a.m. on Main Street. The man who was stabbed attacked the other man, beating him to death.
The man who was killed was found unresponsive three doors down from where the initial incident happened. He was taken to a hospital, where he died.
Pennsylvania State Police questioned the survivor for hours before releasing him.
“We've been collecting evidence for quite a while, conducting several interviews," said state police Lt. Daniel Ekis. "Consulted with the district attorney's office the whole time. It's their determination as of today that we're not going to file any charges."
However, that could change, he said.
"We're going to continue to conduct interviews, go through the evidence that we recovered today and continue to have discussions with them to see if anything's possible," Ekis said.
- Report: Steelers' WR Brown requests trade
- Woman arrested after police say she went to bar, left baby in cold car
- Officials: Child falls into rhinoceros exhibit at Brevard Zoo
- VIDEO: Dozens jump into frigid Mon River for annual Polar Bear Plunge
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2020 Cox Media Group