Twenty-one-year-old Jack Turner, who was arraigned Monday in Crawford County, also faces charges in the alleged theft of the adult victim's car and the robbery of a Millcreek Township convenience store on the day after the slayings.
>>PREVIOUS STORY: Person of interest in Pa. double murder arrested in West Virginia
District Attorney Francis Schultz says the bodies of 49-year-old Shannon Whitman and 10-year-old Darrin Whitman were found Aug. 10 inside a Randolph Township home. The county coroner's office said both died of gunshot wounds to the head.
Schultz says Turner is Shannon Whitman's stepson and the boy's brother. Authorities say he was arrested Aug. 14 in Charleston, West Virginia and returned to Pennsylvania. A call seeking comment was made to his attorney.
- Nearly a dozen arrested after yearslong drug investigation
- Penn State responds to letter criticizing football player's hair
- Florida woman who burned down 3,500-year-old tree while smoking meth arrested on drug charges
- VIDEO: Groundbreaking new treatment helping people with tremors
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.