PITTSBURGH - A man was critically wounded in a shooting late Sunday night in Pittsburgh’s Homewood neighborhood, police said.
Officers responded just before 11 p.m. to the 7700 block of Frankstown Avenue after they were alerted to the shooting by a ShotSpotter report.
The victim was found with a gunshot wound to the abdomen, police said. He was taken to a hospital in critical but stable condition.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
A man was seen in handcuffs, but it’s unclear whether he was involved in the shooting.
Police and homicide detectives were called to investigate.
Sunday night’s incident happened in the same area where a man was found shot to death in a car Oct. 2.
- Carrie Underwood surprises local high school athletes with donation
- Drummer for country musician Kane Brown killed in crash
- Local man found dead more than a week after disappearing in Lower Burrell
- VIDEO: Mysterious lights in sky off North Carolina’s Outer Banks caught on video
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.