PITTSBURGH - A man was found shot in a car late Wednesday night in a parking lot across from a bar in Pittsburgh’s Brighton Heights neighborhood, police said.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office identified the man as Tre Valorie, 26, of Pittsburgh.
A ShotSpotter notification that was followed by 911 calls alerted police to the shooting shortly after 11:30 p.m. along Woods Run Avenue.
Officers found Valorie suffering from multiple gunshot wounds in a car that was in a lot across from Rumerz Sports Bar & Grill. A woman was able to escape from the car and avoided injury, police said.
Valorie was taken to a hospital in critical condition, where he later died, according to the medical examiner's office.
Investigators believe the shooting was a targeted attack, but no suspects have been identified.
“Police believe that they were sort of lying in wait near the parking lot. There could be one or more shooters at this point,” Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Cara Cruz said.
- Suspect arrested in Stowe Township shooting
- Man found with stab wound in middle of the street dies
- Evacuations lifted for Etna homes, businesses as crews monitor damage from fire at large building
- VIDEO: Pittsburgh leaders approve $32M for I-579 ‘cap' project
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
A bullet hole could be seen in the front driver’s side window of the car as investigators processed the scene.
The bar was open at the time of the shooting. It’s unclear whether there were any witnesses.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.