• Man doing repair work on home electrocuted


    A man died Thursday after suffering an electric shock while working on a house in the 400 block of Morewood Avenue in Shadyside.



    The accident happened around  9:30 a.m. Thursday. Investigators said the 21-year-old man was moving planks near power lines while working on the home. He was pronounced dead at UPMC Shadyside.  

    Investigators said they will look for safety violations at the work site and review the history of the company Ski Masonry for past violations. Investigators have six months to complete their investigation. 

    According to OSHA's website, the company has not had violations over the past seven years. 

    Neighbors said the restoration crew was working on the home for the last month and was nearly finished. 

    Representatives from Ski Masonry did not immediately issue a response. 

    Stay with Channel 11 News and WPXI.com for continuing coverage. 

    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    Man doing repair work on home electrocuted