McKEES ROCKS, Pa. - A man fell into the back of a garbage truck when it picked up the dumpster in which he was sleeping early Thursday morning in McKees Rocks, officials said.
After the man was tossed into the back of the truck about 2 a.m. along Munson Avenue, he realized his prosthetic lower leg was missing, McKees Rocks Fire Chief Nick Radoycis said.
The driver of the truck heard the man yelling and called 911 for help.
The man searched for his prosthetic leg for about 30 minutes before police told him to stop. He was then taken to a hospital to be checked out.
“We did not find the leg, so they’re gonna take a look once they get out to the trash dump,” Radoycis said.
- Woman recounts terrifying moments of violent road rage incident on Liberty Bridge
- Steelers full schedule released, Week 1 on Channel 11 at New England Patriots
- Teen flown to hospital after gymnastics accident in Moon
- VIDEO: Girl shaken as baby dies nearly 14 years later; father charged with homicide
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.