MOUNT OLIVER, Pa. - An intruder was shot and killed by the resident of a Mount Oliver home he broke into Thursday morning, police said.
Investigators said the armed intruder got into the home on Sherman Street through a second-floor window, which he gained access to from a porch roof.
Police and paramedics were called shortly after 5 a.m. and found the intruder with a single gunshot wound, officials said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The lone resident of the home was awakened when the intruder broke the window, according to authorities. The resident then walked out of his bedroom with a gun before encountering and shooting the intruder.
The resident called 911 to report what happened.
No charges will be filed at this time, police said. A decision on any possible charges will come at the end of the investigation.
- Pittsburgh shooting suspect pleads not guilty, requests jury trial
- Boy, 7, found dead at bus stop in Pennsylvania
- Baby found dead in baby swing died of diaper rash, prosecutor says
- VIDEO: Harley-Davidson Recalls Over 200K Motorcycles for Clutch Issue
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.