PITTSBURGH - A man was shot three times early Monday morning in downtown Pittsburgh, police said.
The shooting was reported shortly after 2 a.m. along Liberty Avenue.
According to investigators, there was a confrontation before the man was shot while walking on the sidewalk near the Fine Wine & Good Spirits store.
Police said someone at a bar heard gunshots and called 911. Witnesses reported seeing someone running from the scene.
The man who was shot was taken to a Pittsburgh hospital, where he was listed in critical condition, officials said.
Police blocked off the intersection of Smithfield Street and Liberty Avenue.
The shooting is the second to happen on the same street within a week.
Last week, a man was grazed in the neck by a bullet on Liberty Avenue and Ninth Street at the Port Authority bus stop.
“This has really shaken the stakeholders and we want to get to the bottom of it,” business owner Gary Van Horn said.
- Hundreds gather for open carry rally outside City-County Building
- Police: Student shoots AK-style rifle in Snapchat video captioned ‘Training for prom walk'
- 1 dead, 4 hospitalized after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in Canonsburg
- Weighing the favorites for Golden Globes, airing on Channel 11 tonight
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.