MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A man from Altoona was stopped with a loaded handgun Thursday at Pittsburgh International Airport, according to the Transportation Security Administration.
A TSA officer saw the gun in the man's backpack as it went through a security X-ray machine. The officer called Allegheny County police, who took the gun and held the man for questioning.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive Allegheny County news alerts.
CLICK HERE to find out how.
The 9mm handgun, loaded with 15 bullets, is the 34th handgun found by TSA agents this year, which ties the number of firearms caught in 2018.
- Navy veteran found dead in his apartment died 3 years prior, medical examiner says
- Sex offender removed from hospital during birth of his child
- Body of missing Bethel Park woman identified after being found in Nevada desert
- VIDEO: Mom furious about tattoo daughter got during class at local high school
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.