NORTH VERSAILLES, Pa. - A man who was walking to work was hit and killed by a car Tuesday morning in North Versailles, officials said.
Allegheny County police said the 60-year-old man was hit just after 6 a.m. along Route 48/Mosside Boulevard, near Aldi Drive. He was taken to a hospital, where he died.
The man, Kevin Kolesar, was walking to Denny's, where he worked as a dishwasher. His co-workers said they knew something was wrong when he never showed up for his shift because he is usually there an hour early.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
"It's very upsetting. He's a great guy and we are praying for him. We love him very much," Denise Liscio, a co-worker, said.
Police said the driver, a 57-year-old woman, remained at the scene and cooperated with police.
Mosside Boulevard was closed in both directions between Wall Avenue and Route 30/Lincoln Highway for several hours.
Allegheny County police are investigating the crash.
RIGHT NOW: Pedestrian accident on Mosside Blvd in North Versailles. Manager at Denny's confirms it was her employee that was hit by car. Road remains closed as County Investigators have just arrived to process the scene. @WPXI pic.twitter.com/I2735Q1Wnt— Mike Holden (@WPXIMikeHolden) September 10, 2019
- Firefighter taken to hospital, roof collapses after large fire at Pittsburgh church
- Remembering the tragic crash of Flight 427 25 years later
- Local home mistakenly shot up with baby sleeping inside after incident at bar, police say
- VIDEO: School planning to add additional security after stadium shooting
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.