WEST MIFFLIN, Pa. - Channel 11 is talking with the West Mifflin mayor who says despite the big “SOLD” banner on a developer’s website, Century III Mall has not been sold and the borough has no idea why the developer put up that picture.
The mayor says Moonbeam Capital hasn’t held up their end of the deal.
Download the WPXI News App to be the first to know about developments regarding the Century III Mall
"When it said sold, it was like Christmas in February. And then, all of a sudden, it got taken down when we started questioning 'how did you sell it?'" Mayor Chris Kelly said.
Borough officials have seen several drawings, renderings and plans of possible development and yet nothing has been done.
>>PREVIOUS STORY: Century III Mall deemed 'unsafe and uninhabitable' by code enforcement
One of the most pressing issues is the road that runs along side the mall that connects everybody down to Route 51. It is a heavily traveled road that is absolutely littered with potholes and enormous cracks.
- Antonio Brown thanks Steelers Nation, tweets 'time to move on and forward'
- 2 arrested in possible kidnapping of woman bound in home
- Bill would charge pregnant women using drugs if baby is harmed, born addicted
- VIDEO: Boys stop to honor American flag in heartwarming viral photo
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.