The Pennsylvania Department of Health has issued the first 12 permits to grow and process medical marijuana in Pennsylvania, including two in the Pittsburgh region.
PurePenn LLC in McKeesport is among the first to receive the permit in Pennsylvania. The owner said the company plans to start construction immediately. Agrimed LLC, near Carmichaels in Greene County, was also granted a permit.
DOH has released the 12 medical marijuana grower/processor permittees and locations ↓ pic.twitter.com/3gUfQClHLl— Pennsylvania DOH (@PAHealthDept) June 20, 2017
- Ohio teenager electrocuted in Lake Erie, dies in freak accident
- Police chase ends when SUV crashes through porch, garage
- College student accused of making false rape claims faces 2 years in prison
- VIDEO: City of Pittsburgh charges dealer in connection with drug-involved death
“The approval of the permit for a medical marijuana grower in McKeesport is excellent news. Medical marijuana will help those who suffer from debilitating pain and serious medical conditions. Plus, the new permit will bring jobs and economic development to the region.“The new industry in the city will attract other businesses who will want to locate near the facility and create spin-off businesses that will generate additional work for local residents. The entire economy of the region will be improved. This is another large step in the rebuilding of the city and region. It is certainly good news for the city and the area as a whole.”
- Braddock Council approves medical marijuana facility
- Medical marijuana dispensary could open in Squirrel Hill
- Local mom says medical marijuana drastically reduced daughter's debilitating seizures
- Pittsburgh hosts medical marijuana expo
- Pittsburgh City Council passes medical marijuana zoning legislation
- Researchers need volunteers to smoke marijuana for study
- Prime Wellness of Pennsylvania, LLC
- Franklin Labs, LLC
- Pennsylvania Medical Solutions, LLC
- Standard Farms, LLC
- Ilera Healthcare, LLC
- AES Compassionate Care, LLC
- Terrapin Investment Fund 1, LLC
- GTI Pennsylvania, LLC
- AGRiMED Industries of PA, LLC
- PurePenn, LLC
- Holistic Farms, LLC
- Cresco Yeltrah, LLC
- Completed the Safe Harbor temporary guidelines and Safe Harbor Letter application process, as well as approved 271 applications;
- Completed temporary regulations for growers/processors, dispensaries, laboratories and physicians which have been published in the Pennsylvania Bulletin;
- Released Phase One permit applications for grower/processors and dispensaries;
- Developed the Medical Marijuana Physician Workgroup;
- Drafted temporary regulations for practitioners to participate in the program; and
- Selected the woman-owned company MJ Freeway to implement a seed-to-sale electronic tracking system.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.