Medical building in North Hills evacuated for smell of natural gas

FRANKLIN PARK, Pa. — A medical building in Pittsburgh’s North Hills was evacuated Tuesday morning because people smelled natural gas.

Firefighters were called about 10:30 a.m. to Children’s North on Wexford Bayne Road in Franklin Park.

You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts on Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.

Everyone inside the building was evacuated for about an hour and a half.

Officials said the building does not have gas. It is all electric, so it is believed the smell was coming from outside.

TRENDING NOW: