CANONSBURG, Pa. - A town hall meeting was held Tuesday in Washington County about a proposed small cell, plans for which have drawn resistance within the community because of its proximity to two schools.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Washington County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Crown Castle Communications wants to install the cell antenna on Griffin Drive in Canonsburg, near Borland Manor Elementary and North Strabane Intermediate in the Canon-McMillan School District.
Many parents are against the cell antenna, worried it could be a health and safety risk because of how close it would be to the schools and homes. Some critics have put up signs near the schools.
Channel 11's Amy Hudak was there. Hear reactions from parents and more from the meeting in the video above.
- Pa. youth football coach facing possible fine after blowout win
- Marine veteran says he was kicked out of local Applebee's
- What are those weird looking fruits many of us call Monkey Balls?
- VIDEO: Pennsylvania's state bird disappearing, report says
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.