PITTSBURGH — A shooting at a popular Pittsburgh park injured a youth football coach on Friday night.
Channel 11 is still working to confirm more details, but police say the coach was the target of the shooting at Mellon Park in Shadyside.
There were about a dozen kids between the ages of 7 and 10 at practice when the coach was shot.
"It is very concerning. Bullets don’t have names on them and there were multiple shots fired, and by the grace of God, no one else got hit," Pittsburgh Police Cmdr. Mike Pilyih said.
- Officer who shot, killed gunman in judge's office recalls 'worst fear of my life'
- Woman faces $10K fine, 4 years' prison for 4 extra tires
- Large police presence at popular park after shooting during football practice
- VIDEO: Grandfather saves boy when Jeep goes over cliff
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
According to police, a man went to the practice asking for the coach then shot him several times.
"It appears to be a personal issue," Pilyih said. "They absolutely did know one another."
The coach was taken to the hospital in stable condition, but the shooter remains on the loose.
"We have detectives who are working this whole scene and they are going to check video here and along here to see if we can get any evidence from that," Pilyih told Channel 11.
© 2020 Cox Media Group