Seven people were injured after a car slammed through a hair salon Tuesday.
The front of the BoRics hair salon in Brentwood Towne Square was completely smashed in.
The seven people who were injured were taken to trauma hospitals, including a mother and daughter who were both last listed in critical condition. The driver, a 58-year-old man, was also taken to the hospital.
Police released the following information Wednesday about the victims -- four customers and three employees -- and their injuries:
- A 15-year-old girl suffered fractures to both legs. She was last listed in critical but stable condition. She was a customer.
- A 42-year-old woman, who is the mother of the 15-year-old girl, suffered fractures to both legs and a head injury. She was last listed in critical but stable condition. She was a customer.
- A 46-year-old woman suffered lacerations to the head. She was a customer.
- A 44-year-old woman suffered a broken ankle. She was a customer.
- A 29-year-old woman suffered a fractured leg, facial lacerations and broken ribs. She is an employee.
- A 38-year-old woman suffered fractures to a leg and head injuries. She is an employee.
- A 32-year-old woman suffered cuts and bruises. She is an employee.
Officials said Wednesday that it appears all the victims will survive their injuries.
Kimberly Keener told Channel 11 she’s grateful she still has her baby sister because Kristi Keener was nearly killed.
She said Kristi usually works right up front and so would have been directly in the driver’s path.
Police believe the driver might have suffered a medical issue that led to him crashing his Dodge Charger, they said. They are not releasing his name and it could be weeks before we know if charges will be brought.
“(We're) overwhelmed. Sad for my sister, her kids, all the other families involved,” Kimberly Keener said.
The Keeners said they are frustrated, too. They are grateful no one was killed but still want to know more about what happened.
“Why was it a medical condition the guy had? Or was it other things? I don’t know that yet,” Kimberly Keener said.
Hugh Sawyer, the CEO of Regis Corp., which owns the BoRics chain, released the following statement:
- Man frustrated by lack of help at Walmart takes matters, PA system into his own hands
- Mother, daughter among 7 injured when car crashes into hair salon
- 'There's blood everywhere': Teen accused of premeditated murder of 11-year-old brother
- VIDEO: Krispy Kreme Offering Lemon-Glazed Doughnuts for One Week Only
Dozens of first responders and emergency vehicles were also at the scene. They taped off the front of the salon as well as neighboring businesses and a portion of the nearby parking lot.
Randy Klaus, who saw the scene as he left the Giant Eagle, said the car was all the way in the back of the salon.
Crews on Wednesday are assessing the damage to BoRics and neighboring businesses. BoRics is closed until further notice.
The owner of Brentwood Towne Square released the following statement:
Once Allegheny County Police complete their investigation, the information will be turned over to the Allegheny County District Attorney’s Office. The District Attorney’s Office will determine whether charged will be filed.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Allegheny County Police Tipline at 1-833-255-8477.
© 2020 Cox Media Group