LEECHBURG, Pa. — The mother of Mike Diebold, the convicted former Leechburg police chief, talks to Channel 11 about why her son is requesting to have his estranged wife and kids move out of his house.
Diebold, who pleaded guilty to soliciting sex from an undercover officer posing online as a 14-year-old girl, was fired earlier this month after being sentenced to nine to 23 months in jail.
“I hope people accept that he’s going to do what he has to do to avenge himself," Karen Diebold said. “He just wants her to move to her own house. A lot people don’t know she owns a house. And the house they’re at is Michael's home.”
Diebold is expected to be released from jail at the end of January.
- PSP handling numerous calls daily since taking over in E. Pittsburgh
- Prisoner who escaped from magistrate's office back in police custody
- Parents begging for answers after WVU student injured at fraternity
- VIDEO: Woman wants return of dog that went missing, then was adopted by someone else
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2020 Cox Media Group