WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - A Florida mother is warning parents about a dangerous bug hiding out at parks, including in Pennsylvania.
The woman said she was watching her son play when her arm started burning.
Tara Forbes said she was sitting under a tree when she was stung by a poisonous caterpillar.
- FDA expands recall of heart, blood pressure medication due to cancer risk
- Greensburg Bishop: Some names on list of clergy accused of sex abuse ‘will shock people'
- Late-night cookie company opens second Pittsburgh location
- VIDEO: Suspected Burglar's Escape Attempt Thwarted by Police Chopper
Forbes said her arm began to burn and quickly turned into joint and bone pain.
Forbes said she saw white fuzz, proof it was what is called a puss caterpillar
"My arm swelled up from my fingertips to my shoulder up into my neck and even into my chest here," Forbes said.
Two months ago, a teen who also lives in Florida brushed up against one of these bugs while clearing trees. The sting left him with a burn on his arm.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.