PITTSBURGH — Sharena Nancy has been charged with homicide two months after she allegedly kidnaped 2-year-old Nalani Johnson and abandoned her in a park.
Nalani was abducted in Penn Hills on Aug. 31 and her body was discovered on Sept. 4 in Pine Ridge Park in Indiana County.
The coroner has determined that Nalani's manner of death was homicide.
Nancy is now charged with criminal homicide and abuse of a corpse on top of her previous charges of kidnapping a minor, concealing the whereabouts of a child and interference with custody of children.
- Woman at center of Amber Alert told police toddler's father was planning to sell her
- Missing toddler found dead in Blairsville, autopsy to be performed Wednesday
- What we know about toddler Nalani Johnson, who was subject of Amber Alert
- Family, friends thankful for volunteers who helped Amber Alert searches
- Prayer event held as the search continues for toddler at the center of Amber Alert
Cox Media Group