PITTSBURGH - A rescued brown pelican has found a permanent home in Pittsburgh’s National Aviary, and the public can vote on her name.
The pelican was rescued after suffering a wing injury, arriving at the aviary in December from a wild bird rescue center in Florida.
While the bird has recovered from her wing injury, she’s unable to fly long distances.
The pelican now lives in the aviary’s Wetlands habitat -- but she needs a name. The public has until March 13 to vote on her name (CLICK HERE to vote).
- Billboard about race sparks controversy along Route 422
- Elementary student suspended for pulling knife on school bus
- Luke Perry's daughter on father's stroke: No ‘lesson on how to handle' death
- VIDEO: Police investigating bank robbery in McCandless
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.