SHENANGO TOWNSHIP, Pa. - Neighbors in Shenango Township are being warned about flooding that has already started Tuesday as rain continues to fall.
Officials went to two mobile home parks in the area of Big Run Creek, which quickly started to rise and is already surrounding some homes.
Daugherty Road is closed because of the flooding.
People who live in the area were told to be ready to evacuate, officials said.
Shenango Township Fire Chief David Rishel said that during flooding in 2014 some people ignored a suggestion to evacuate and needed to be rescued by boat.
- 9th American tourist dead in Dominican Republic while vacationing with friends
- Woman found dead after man in prison tips off therapist
- 47 Jimmy Buffett fans fell sick on recent Dominican Republic vacation, group says
- VIDEO: EF1 tornado touched down in Butler, Armstrong counties Sunday
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.