NEW CASTLE, Pa. - Police tell Channel 11 two young girls were taken to area hospitals after the SUV they were in was hit broadside and flipped in New Castle.
The girls, ages 1 and 3, were both in car seats. According to police, one vehicle was heading south on Jefferson Street when the driver ran a red light and struck the SUV broadside, flipping it over.
A woman was also inside the SUV.
One of the young girls was being flown to UPMC Children's Hospital and the other was being taken by ambulance to a hospital in Ohio.
There's no word yet on the condition of the drivers of those vehicles.
It's unclear if the at-fault driver will be charged.
- Man wanted in deadly Carnegie attack arrested while letting dog outside
- Check your pantry! Dangerous chemicals found in some grocery store products
- There really is such a thing as too much coffee, study finds
- VIDEO: Rare bacteria collection at Pitt saves life of teenage girl
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.