WESTMORELAND CO., Pa. - Work is now officially underway on a new mini-casino at the Westmoreland Mall.
"Live Casino Pittsburgh" will include 750 slot machines, 30 table games and a sports book area.
With seven stores in the mall shutting down this year already at the mall, officials hope this new development will be a catalyst for change.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive Westmoreland County news alerts. CLICK HERE to find out how.
It's being called a mini-casino because the state is limiting its size.
Channel 11 is told the casino will bring more than $3 million into the Westmoreland County community each year, as well as $50 million a year in state tax revenue and $200 million in annual economic impact.
The casino will be looking for full time workers as well as vendors. Click here to see where the applications will be posted when they're available.
Here is a map of other casinos in our area:
- Mother charged after search for her, 2 children following frantic phone call
- Minnesota high school cafeteria staff throws out hot lunches of students who owed $15 or more
- SUV ends up inside Hallmark store after crashing through front window
- VIDEO: Blind woman mugged while walking home from local church
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.