PITTSBURGH — A gag order has been issued in the case of Antwon Rose, the 17-year-old shot and killed by an East Pittsburgh police officer, by the judge assigned to the case Wednesday.
The order by Judge Alexander Bicket prohibits prosecutors, counsel for the defendant, witnesses and people associated with the parties involved in the case from making public statements.
Bicket was assigned to the case Wednesday after Judge Anthony Mariani recused himself.
Officer Michael Rosfeld is charged with criminal homicide in the death of Rose, who was shot as he and another teenager ran from a traffic stop on the night of June 19. Rose was unarmed.
Rosfeld’s trial is scheduled to begin Feb. 26.
- Ben Roethlisberger 'terrified' Stormy Daniels in 2006 encounter, she writes
- Girl, 9, with Type 1 diabetes dies after blood sugar dropped during sleepover
- There have been 3 workplace shootings in 24 hours
- VIDEO: Canadian Firefighters Battle Firenado
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2020 Cox Media Group