The NFL confirmed for WPXI on Saturday that the league is fining Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict $112,000 for hits during last Sunday’s Pittsburgh Steelers game.
The league fined Burfict for several plays that constituted unnecessary roughness in the Week 6 contest.
Those include the play where Burfict appeared to hit Antonio Brown with a forearm in the third quarter.
Another play involved James Conner, where Burfict led with his helmet while hitting Conner.
There was no word on whether Burfict planned to appeal the fines.
He has been suspended previously by the NFL on several occasions for violent hits.
- Woman finds stranger in home doing laundry, cooking meal
- Monster clog found in sewer system from thousands of pounds of flushable wipes
- Man drives himself to police station after being shot
- VIDEO: Manager gives emotional farewell during final closing of local Kmart
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2020 Cox Media Group