OAKMONT, Pa. - Lightning struck an apartment building in Oakmont Tuesday afternoon.
No one was hurt, but there were people inside the building on Washington Avenue when the bolt struck.
The fire chief told Channel 11's Danielle Dozier the strike caused smoke inside the home.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Dozier spoke to a resident of the building who said he's lucky to be alive.
“I was working, on a call with my client, I saw a big white flash, felt it coming through my body. I didn’t really know what to do, power went out, about a minute goes by and I start smelling smoke,” he said.
- 19-year-old killed when tractor-trailer overturns onto his car on Steubenville Pike
- High School senior hopes to marry the love of his life while fighting rare cancer
- 16-year-old boy sought after girl shot in face at apartment
- VIDEO: Woman's ex-boyfriend accused of hiding in attic for 3 weeks
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.